Posted by Nate on 6th Nov 2014
This week is all about the "God 180". This mod is just awesome! To start things off, it takes three, 18650 batteries to operate. A little side note, you will want to make sure you are using three of the same batteries if you pick one of these bad boys up. Also if you are planning or hoping to use the super mode you will need three batteries that are rated @ 25amp or higher. I'm currently running 3 MXJO 2500mah/35amp batteries without an issue.
Next up, the display on the God 180 tells you everything you need to know. Temperature, voltage, watts, resistance, puff counter, and even your battery level. All of that info is on the main screen every time you fire it. The + and - buttons on the front allow you to change your power on the fly.
Now for the menu: (click the fire button 3 times. The + and - buttons are your scroll keys and the fire button is the enter key)
1. Overtime Protect: Here you can set in seconds how long the God will fire for before it shuts itself down. The following values are factory defaults and can be adjusted. 5w - 29w, 10 seconds, 30w - 79w is 7 seconds and 80w - 180w is 5 seconds.
2. Screen Setting: Pretty basic, this is your screen saver. The screen will stay on for 1 minute (factory default) after there is no activity. This can be adjusted, but you can only increase the time that the screen will stay on. 1 minute is the lowest setting.
3. Vapor Setting: Here we have two options. Manual mode and auto mode. Manual mode speaks for itself. You hit the fire button and vape as long as your overtime protect settings will let you. Auto mode has a sub menu. Here you can set how long the God mod will auto fire (in seconds) with a single push of the fire button. You can also set an auto pause before it will let you take another puff.
4. Puff Info: This one tells you how many puffs you have accumulated. The time that you have spent using the God mod and the option to reset your puff counter. The puff counter and the time resets when you change/charge your batteries.
5. Power Setting: There are two options to choose from; Normal mode and Super mode. Super mode produces a warning that you need to run 25amp or higher batteries when selected. So if you want to use the 81w - 180w function you will need to make sure your batteries are again at least 25amp or higher.
6. Device: Series number and firmware version are listed. Nothing to see here.
Final thoughts, I've been using the Orchid V3 and the Dark Horse RDA on my God mod and I must say this thing kicks out enough power to toss some serious clouds with the Dark Horse. I chew through the juice with the Orchid V3 but it is a great vape! All in all if you want a mod that you can have complete control over and weighs less than a 26650 mech mod (with a battery) this is the route to go! I'm running @ 60 watts with a .68 ohm build on the Dark Horse and I love it!
I almost forgot to mention the min/max resistance for the God 180 is .5 ohms to 4 ohms. The min/max voltage is 1.5v to 10.5v and the min/max power is 5w to 180w.
All prices are in USD